Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Goodnight Moon...
I have a funny story about the sweet book "Goodnight Moon" that most of us mother's read to our little ones. It is sort of a staple for most babies to have this book. The first page of the book says "In the great green room, there was a telephone and a red balloon, and a picture of..." Well, she was looking through it the other day, (she loves flipping the pages of her books) and started crying every few pages. Confused, I went over to see what the problem was and poor sweet Campbell was having a fit that she could not get ahold of the red ballon in the book. You see every few pages there is a picture of a red balloon with a string hanging down and she was trying her hardest to pinch the string of the red ballon and pull in down. She just could not understand why it wasn't working. It was so sad and I tried to explain to her that it was just a picture of a balloon and not actually a balloon. Of course her 1 year old self could not understand this, so we are going to have to retire that book for a while until we can grasp that concept. It is just not worth seeing her that frustrated over that silly red balloon :) It still makes me laugh though!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Ok, that is so funny becasue Haydon did that the other day with another book, he looked at me so confused like why can't I grab that.
hilarious! we love that book
That's cute!! I hate it when they don't understand things like that and you feel so bad for them!!
Haha! It is sooo difficult to teach children logic and reasoning...like when the kids are sick and I'm trying to get them to take their medicine, I keep saying "just drink this medicine...it will help you feel better" and they just keep fussing and pushing it away, because all they know is they don't like the taste of it and want nothing to do with it...lol!!
oh, sweet Campbell... that's so frustrating... but makes for a cute story!... Go get that baby a real red balloon!
Poor thing...you better shelf that one for a while...and get her a balloon! love the story!
Post a Comment