This month was a bit rough for us. Madelyn had a few weeks of just not being herself. She was really fussy and didn't sleep well for 2 weeks. I finally took her to the doctor and discovered she had some fluid around her ears that must have been causing her some discomfort. We treated her for an ear infection and she seemed better within days. Right around that time she also was cutting one of her front top teeth. Poor baby girl! Her personality is definitely coming out and I can already tell she has a big one. She is already funny with her facial expressions and eye rolling (yes, eye rolling). She found her voice and loves to hear it. Here is some more information about Maddie at 8 Months:
She has mastered sitting up and loves it.
Not crawling yet but starting to scoot a little. She isn't that interested yet in crawling but I can see that she is starting to want to move around more so it's just a matter of time.
We stopped nursing 2 weeks ago and she has done great with it. I always said that I would nurse as long as it was easy. Well with our hectic schedule and her being super distracted nursing on the go just wasn't easy anymore. I was ready and to be honest it has been a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. It is so nice not to be on on the stopwatch anymore. I can just throw a bottle in my bag and go. I am so glad I was able to nurse her as long as I did (being the third child and all) but glad it is done!
She found her voice and is not afraid to use it. This girl is loud. She makes just random noises but has also started to babble a little. It is pretty cute to hear her and see how proud she is of her new talent.
She is doing great with her baby food and eats four 5-6 oz bottles a day. She eats breakfast and dinner each day and sometimes wants a little something for lunch.
Sleeps great at night still and takes 2 naps a day
She has a big personality already. She is the boss and she knows it. She does things on her terms and makes some of the funniest faces. She will stare me down and then do this funny eye roll thing that cracks me up every time. I definitely see more of Ella's personality in her than Campbell's.
Her eyes still light up every time she sees her sisters. Campbell and Ella are still so good with her and so helpful to me also. I just love seeing the relationship that is already developing between these three. They are so lucky to have each other.
She started sitting up in the grocery cart and sits in high chairs at restaurants. She doesn't do great in either of these because she would much rather be carried, but she lasts for a decent amount of time. I have learned to shop and eat very quickly :)
Although this month started off a little rough it was still a great month. I can't believe how big she is getting and how much she grew this month. I just love her to pieces!



No comments:
Post a Comment