Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Madelyn 5 Months


Today our little nugget turns 5 months old!  She has had a great month and has grown so much.  She is still super smiley and happy.  Here is all about Madelyn at 5 months old:

She learned to roll over from back to belly and belly to back.  She is pretty proud of this new trick and likes to practice it in her crib before she goes down for a nap.  She also gets a little feisty when she is on her belly and can't get back over to her back...not a fun phase I might add. Hoping she learns to like sleeping on her belly soon.

She tried out her excersaucer this month and liked it.  Still needs to grow a little more before she can really use it properly.

We started oatmeal last week.  She is having it once a day and did really well with it from the get go.  I think she was definitely ready for it.

She is still exclusively nursing and eats 5 times a day, 3 hours apart.  I am going to really try to get her to take a bottle in the next month, but we will see how that goes.

She is now sleeping unswaddled. Her sleep has changed a little this month. She is still a good sleeper but now that she sleeps unswaddled and is rolling over she is waking up a few times a night and crying out for 5-10 mins.  She will put herself back to sleep most of the time, but every once in a while I have to go in there to help her.  I rarely feed her during the night, but there has been the occasional night where is was just needed.  She generally goes down between 7-7:30 and wakes up to eat between 5:00-6:00 then goes back down til 7ish.  She sucks on her hands and fingers to soothe herself so sleep.

She takes 3 naps a day.  The length of the naps are still random and range anywhere between 45 minutes to 2 hours.  I personally prefer the 2 hours ones :)

She is wearing 3-6 and 6 month clothes

I can tell she has grown a ton this month and am anxious for her 6 month appointment so we can see how much weight she gained and how many inches she grew

She got to swing in the baby swing on our playset this month

She smiles almost instantly when she sees Campbell and Ella

She of course had her first Christmas and it was the best! I just loved having our complete family together for the first time this year.

She no longer cries in the car...WOO HOO!!!!!

She went on her first airplane ride this month also to visit her great grandpa in Arizona.  She did so well!  I was super nervous because it was just me and her that went on the visit.  She slept the whole way there are about half of the ride home.  My grandpa had hip replacement surgery a few weeks ago so we went to lift his spirits!

This was a great month.  I really love this age and we can't wait to see what the next month brings!









No comments: