Stats
Weight: 13 lbs (25%)
Height: 24.8 (61%)
Head: 15.8 (34%)
She is still a great sleeper. She sleeps from about 6:30 or 7:00 to 6:30ish. She is still swaddled and I am pretty sure this month I will have to break her of the swaddle, which might mean my great sleeper may have a rough few nights, ugh! Not looking forward to that at all.
Not rolling over yet, but as soon as she does bye bye swaddle!
Sat in her bumbo for the first time and loves her new view of the world.
Still loves laying on her playmat and looking at her toys
Tolerates tummy time much better and finally decided lift her head and push up. She was a pretty lazy tummy timer for a while.
Celebrated her first Thanksgiving at Uncle Brad and Aunt Megan's house
I saw a schedule develop this month. She generally is taking about 3 naps a day depending on how long they are. Some days she does great and naps 1.5-2 hours at a time. But others she cat naps all day and may need a fourth nap to hold her over til bedtime.
This month I made it a goal to help her learn to soothe herself and put her down for naps awake. I usually rock her or bounce her until I see sleepy eyes and then put her in her bed to fall all the way asleep on her own. I come down and set a timer for 10 minutes. If she isn't asleep after 10 mins I will got back up there and help her. But usually 9 out of 10 times she has fallen asleep by the time the timer goes off. She may cry a bit but that is just part of her learning to self soothe. I can't stand listening to her cry to I usually turn off the monitor and wait to check on her until the 10 minutes is up. So far this tactic has worked for us.
We haven't tried cereal yet. She is such a good sleeper so I am not rushing into solids this time around. I also feel like cereal leads to poopy problems for my kids so I am going to wait a little longer to introduce it to her.
Still hasn't taken a bottle. I have sort of just let go of the stress of trying to get her to take it. It was driving me batty so I just decided it is what it is and we just may be introducing the sippy cup early :)
She started laughing this month also. I could listen to her sweet giggles ALL DAY LONG!
She is wearing some 3 month clothes still but mostly 3-6 month.
She is tolerating her carseat better also. Thank goodness because we spend a lot of time in the car carting Campbell and Ella to school and to their activities.
I can say with much certainty that she looks more like Ella than Campbell, but still has her own distinct look as well.
I am so very thankful for everything that transpired this month with the GI specialist and feel so relieved that our sweet Madelyn is happy and comfortable!

No comments:
Post a Comment