Thursday, February 2, 2012

Ella potty trained?




Could it be true?!? She has been showing signs that she is ready to be potty trained for a while now. Last Sunday she told us she needed to pee after her bath, sat on the potty and peed! We were ah-mazed! Most of you know that potty training Campbell was a terrible experience. I missed the window with her and tried to force it and it was not good. She eventually got it but it was not a good experience it either of us.

So I started potty training Ella on Monday and she did great from the beginning. She is just truly ready. She had plenty of accidents but many more successes this week. We pretty much stayed home Monday through Wednesday to really knock it out. She woke up this morning dry yelling "mommy, pee pee in potty!!" When I put her on the potty she immediately went. So, today we ventured out to run errands, go to storytime and meet friends for lunch. She had no accidents!! I brought her potty in the car in case she needed to go while we were out and she totally peed in the potty in the car in the parking lot at kohls. She also peed on the potty at the restaurant twice. Amen is all I have to say!! I was really dreading this because of my experience with Campbell, but I could not be prouder of Ella! I know she will have plenty more accidents and we are still working and going number 2 in the potty but the fact that she is already telling me when she needs to go is huge in my book!

I can't believe we are going to be a no diaper/pull up house soon...sniff sniff, kinda makes me sad. But, I think I'll enjoy it for a while :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: