Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A trip to the ER

Poor Ella had her first trip to the ER today. She tripped at the splash park and hit her head on a metal bench. There was so much blood and some swelling that we had to call 911. The paramedics suggested that they should take us to the hospital to get checked out. Luckily it looked a lot worse than it actually was. She didn't end up needing stitches, just some glue to keep the wound closed. Nicole was with me, thankfully, so she took Campbell home with her to play with Avery so I could go to the hospital with Ella. Of course once the bleeding stopped and she wasn't scared anymore, Ella ate up all of the attention she was getting. She is such a tough girl and we are so lucky that this accident didn't end up with a worse outcome. Here is a picture of her at the hospital, happy as can be.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 comments:

Kristin in Colorado said...

Poor baby girl! Glad she didn't need stitches, it is no fun for a doctor or anyone assisting the doctor to stitch a little one.

Give her a big ole hug from the Randlett's....Xo!!!

julie said...

POOR BABY!! Got your message I will call you this weekend. Love you.

Jennifer said...

Yikes! Glad she is ok. I'm sure you were terrified...

Sarah said...

Poor honey! And I'm sure that was a scare for you too!! I'm glad that all is well now.

Lisa and Ryan said...

OMG- 911!! How scary! Glad everything is okay! Poor baby and poor mama!