
Our cautious Campbell has been in swim lessons this week. On Monday she didn't really know what to expect so did pretty well at the beginning of the lesson. However, by the 4th time they made her go under water she was OVER it. The tears started flowing and she kept saying she was scared and wanted mommy. On Tuesday she told me all morning that she didn't like swimming and that she didn't want to go back. With some chocolate persuasion she went to the lesson. Poor thing was so scared that she pretty much fussed and said she wanted her teacher to hold her the entire lesson. I would not call Tuesday a very successful lesson. So, this morning we went and got her some new magic Dora goggles that will help her see under water and not be scared. :) She did so great today!! She fully participated in the entire lesson with no crying. She went under water several times and didn't seem scared at all. I am so so proud of her. She will always be my super cautious one and I am slowly learning how to deal with that. I want to encourage her to try new things, but still be respectful of her fears. She still has the rest of this week and all of next week so I am hopeful she will be swimming on her own by the end.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
2 comments:
Yea Campbell!! It is amazing how those Dora goggles work....I think I might get myself some:). I will tell you....when I saw the title of your post (third times a charm) I thought another bambino was on the way:)
mia did the exact same thing...she screamed and cried every day with the teacher and mia is also very cautious...once we started swimming with her and doubg the drills tge teacher taught her, she was great...now we cant get her in the pool often enough...
Post a Comment