Monday, June 28, 2010

Ella's sonogram

We had Ella's sonogram this morning. It was just like a sonogram they give pregnant women. They took pictures of her kidneys and checked to make sure everything looked "normal." We got good news from the doctor this afternoon...he said that they did not see anything abnormal from the sonogram! We still have the VCU test to get through. She will have this test done next week and it will be a little more traumatizing for her. This is the one where they insert a catheter, inject dye into her kidneys and watch on a screen to see what the kidneys do with the dye. Sounds awful...hopefully it will be quick! We are just so relieved that the first test came back normal!!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

My friend Laura and her 1 year old McKenna went through a very similar situation a couple months ago and she had the exact same tests done once they figured out she had a bladder infection. It all ended up being okay for McKenna and I know Miss Ella will be okay too. I know that Laura was stressed and overwhelmed to have to watch her sweet baby go through some of the procedures too. Hang in there Lisa! You are a great mom for asking the doctor to try testing her blood and urine. Keep us posted and we'll keep sweet Ella in our thoughts!

The Vicari's said...

That is good news! I will thinking about you during those next round of tests.

ChelseaSalomone said...

Thank goodness. Please keep us updated. I know how nerve wracking this must all be for you guys.

Marcy said...

Hi Lisa,

Robin actually just told me about how Ella was going through this as well and I was going to ask if you had any questions or anything. Charlotte's VCU took about 30 to 45 minutes (but I don't think we had the best techs). The worst part was inserting the catheter, but it was pretty much just like they do it at the doctor's office. Definitely bring a bottle for her and if she has a favorite toy, stuffed animal, etc. bring that as well. Let me know if you have any questions...good luck! You and Ella will both do great.