Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Ella- 4 months

I cannot believe that our baby girl is already 4 months old! She was 4 months on the 9th, but we just went to her well check up yesterday. She has grown SO much over the last few weeks. She went through a huge growth spurt about a week ago and has turned into a little butter ball. I swear she gained like 2lbs overnight! She is still a very happy...I swear she smiles at anyone/thing that will look her way.

She started rolling over from her back to her tummy and is pretty proud of this new trick. I was actually able to catch her first attempt on video. I'll post it later.

We are trying to get on a schedule, but it proves to be pretty hard to do while trying to keep up with Campbell. On most days, Ella is taking 3 naps and is on a 4 hour feeding schedule.

We are still nursing and loving it!

She started rice cereal and is doing pretty well with it.

She is FINALLY SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT!!! She goes to sleep around 8ish and sleep until 5, wakes up for a little snack and then sleeps until 8. She is sleeping unswaddled and without a paci. We decided to take away the paci at bedtime because she would wake up in the middle of the night looking for it and have a hard time falling asleep without it. It only took one night of crying it out for 25 minutes for her to learn to self soothe. I am so proud of her and feeling so good that I am finally getting some good rest.

She found her voice and LOVES to hear it! When we are in the car and Ella starts "talking" Campbell sometimes looks at her and tells her to "stop!" It is hilarious! I have been trying to catch it on video, but no such luck yet.

She loves to watch Campbell play, sing and dance.

She had her first ride on Pa's boat this month.

Stats: weight 14.6 lbs (70%) btw...at her 2 mo appt. she was in the 50%!!!
height 24.5 inches (70%)
head 16 inches (50%-60%)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Yea Ella! It all sounds so good! I can't believe how fast this time has gone by. It seems like yesterday we were both pregnant hanging out at Gymboree.

The Saras Family said...

wow! GO ELLA!!! Sleeping for mommma, no paci and unswaddled! That's awesome!