I finally got a new computer and can get back to blogging :)
Ella is 11 weeks old and has grown so much. She is smiling and cooing and responding to us now. She is such a good baby...I know I say this a lot, but it is true! She NEVER cries unless she is hungry and has such a sweet personality. She is very laid back and just goes with the flow. She is sleeping at night anywhere from 4-7 hour stretches...depends on the night. You still never know what your going to get. Her long stretch tends to be when we first put her down, so I don't get to take full advantage of the sleep since we put her down around 7:30 or 8. Hopefully she will start giving me some longer, more consistent, stretches here soon. I am still nursing her, which I love, but she did finally take some formula from a bottle this weekend. The last time we tried formula with her she refused to eat it, so this was a breakthrough for us. It is nice to have that option in case I need some Lisa-time away from the girls.
Here are a few pictures of Ella and a cute video. She has definitely found her voice and likes to hear it. Campbell gets worried when she "talks" because she thinks something is wrong. You will see this in the video. Also, the blanket on Ella in the video is Campbell's very important "blankie," which she shared with Ella because she thought she was sad...and then she decided Ella didn't need it anymore and took it back. She's a really sweet big sister, constantly giving her love and kisses. I am having so much fun with these girls and am feeling much less stressed about being a mother of two. We'll see what the next few weeks bring and see if I am still saying that :) If there is one thing that I learned from when Campbell was a baby it's that right when you think everything is going smoothly a bomb goes off and the stress comes back!
Ella is 11 weeks old and has grown so much. She is smiling and cooing and responding to us now. She is such a good baby...I know I say this a lot, but it is true! She NEVER cries unless she is hungry and has such a sweet personality. She is very laid back and just goes with the flow. She is sleeping at night anywhere from 4-7 hour stretches...depends on the night. You still never know what your going to get. Her long stretch tends to be when we first put her down, so I don't get to take full advantage of the sleep since we put her down around 7:30 or 8. Hopefully she will start giving me some longer, more consistent, stretches here soon. I am still nursing her, which I love, but she did finally take some formula from a bottle this weekend. The last time we tried formula with her she refused to eat it, so this was a breakthrough for us. It is nice to have that option in case I need some Lisa-time away from the girls.
Here are a few pictures of Ella and a cute video. She has definitely found her voice and likes to hear it. Campbell gets worried when she "talks" because she thinks something is wrong. You will see this in the video. Also, the blanket on Ella in the video is Campbell's very important "blankie," which she shared with Ella because she thought she was sad...and then she decided Ella didn't need it anymore and took it back. She's a really sweet big sister, constantly giving her love and kisses. I am having so much fun with these girls and am feeling much less stressed about being a mother of two. We'll see what the next few weeks bring and see if I am still saying that :) If there is one thing that I learned from when Campbell was a baby it's that right when you think everything is going smoothly a bomb goes off and the stress comes back!
3 comments:
SOOOOO Sweet!! Lisa, she looks like you. I can't wait to see her in March. Love and miss you.
she is changing so much! i am going to call you back today after i get off work- hope you are feeling better
She is too cute and Campbell seems like such a good big sis!
Post a Comment